Search engines have transformed the ways in which consumers look for products and services. In fact, 93% of online transactions begin with these platforms, particularly Google.
There are two great ways to capture audiences from such sites: search engine optimization and paid ads. Both strategies have distinct advantages for different marketing goals.
Our marketing experts from Pendragon Consulting want to help you decide which tactics will best serve your business’s unique needs so you can grow your online presence.
Organic search results are the unpaid section of results that you see on search engine results pages (SERPs) when you enter your search terms. The recommended pages depend on search relevance, links, domain authority, and other Google ranking factors. Many businesses fine-tune their websites to rank high on SERPs in a process called search engine optimization, or SEO.
Unlike paid ads, there are no upfront costs to implementing SEO strategies. You also don’t have to pay fees to search engines for your website’s rank. However, you will have to spend a lot of time and effort to reach Google’s top results.
Below are some benefits of optimizing your website for organic search results:
- Cost-effectiveness: We’ve seen digital marketing trends change over time, but SEO remains a top choice for long-term profitability.
- Longevity: Unlike paid ads, companies with optimized sites can enjoy SEO benefits for a long time.
- Impressive return on investment (ROI): Optimizing your site through SEO strategies can help you achieve record-breaking ROI levels. We recommend reading Google SEO case studies for inspiration.
Paid searches are advertisements that you find close to your organic search results. Advertising is the primary way in which search engines generate revenue; these ads often appear on top of search results or in a sidebar.
Search engines follow a pay-per-click (PPC) model — a search engine marketing (SEM) structure in which search engines bill advertisers whenever a visitor clicks on their ad.
Here are some of the most notable advantages of paid search results:
- Instant results: Once you run a standout ad, you will immediately see results in favor of your goals. Unlike PPC campaigns, it often takes months for your SEO rank to move.
- Detailed analytics: When you run paid search efforts, you can set a budget and learn how many leads you get in return. You can also find consumer information, including location, age, and keyword usage.
- Budget-friendly: Contrary to popular belief, you can run paid ads with a limited marketing budget, because they offer granular control on targeting and spending. The biggest downside is that these benefits will stop when your campaigns end.
Organic search and paid search have distinct advantages. However, while we suggest using paid ads for time-bound promos or events, unique products, and downloadable content, we recommend implementing organic search strategies for long-term success. A search engine optimization company can help you take your business to the next level.
Are you looking for a full-service marketing agency in Pennsylvania? At Pendragon Consulting LLC, we have the experts, technology, and services to generate phenomenal SEO results for our clients. Request a free marketing evaluation now through our contact form, by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling us at 443-343-2313.